Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Fall TV Season

I picked up my Fall Preview TV Guide today, it is one of 2 issues that I buy for the year. I am looking forward to the new season of television and thanks to FOX am already enjoying it. My three VCR's are ready to go after a pretty quiet summer, I've got my stash of yarn for crocheting and have recently learned to knit. (Wow aren't I exciting) I'm a drama lover and try to watch every new hour long show to give it a chance. So far this season I have watched Vanished and Standoff on FOX. Vanished has my interest, I still have to watch this weeks episode which I taped last night. Instead of TV I opted for a quiet night working on my writing schedule for the week while hubby surfed the net. It made for going to sleep easier, perhaps I should rearrange my daily life?? Anyway back to my thoughts, hubby and I both watched the first episode of Standoff and neither of us cared for it. He is a much harsher critic than myself and his list of shows to watch is much shorter than mine. I will still give it another chance before I write it off for good.

As usual some of my good shows to watch from last season are gone, like Commander in Chief, Surface and Invasion to name a few. But I'm looking forward to quite a few of the newbies for this year. Tonight we are going to suffer through the finale of Big Brother, once one of my favorite reality shows, but like last year the ending is nauseating. At least we have Rockstar Supernova to end the night with. What an amazing group of singers that are left. I knew they wouldn't keep Storm Large, she was the only one of the performers who would have made the band itself fade into the background, what an entertainer she is. I'm personally pulling for Toby but would be happy with anyone but Lucas. Tomorrow we will find out who they pick.

I'll be taping Dancing with the Stars, Men in Trees, House and Standoff. House is one of our favs that hubby likes too. I'll let you know what I think of the rest when I get around to watching them.

We got the car serviced today and had to get some dohicky thing replaced that made the ABS light come on. That is hubby's department, I just drive the thing. The hour and a half that we waited allowed me time to go through some of the Round Robin work I have stacked up to do. At this stage of the day, I doubt I'll be very productive other than the few loads of laundry I'm working on. Maybe I'll break out the knitting and pop a tape in the VCR before the live stuff comes on later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home