Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Organization

Well I am forever trying to come up with a new way to stay more organized. With a husband who works swing shift it is impossible to keep a normal day to day schedule. My Domestic Goddess duties are constantly interfering with my Writing Life so I have worked out a new way to try and balance them. Usually my house is either nice and clean, with no writing done or scary dirty and lots of writing done. For my new plan, I divided my house into 6 areas, each day I spend 1 hour working in a different area, except Sunday. I have been doing this for 7 days so far and have only missed one day, yesterday, with doctor appts and shopping. My house is cleaner since I am spending more time in each area than I would if I tried to clean the entire house in one day. I feel better about the state of my living space which allows me to write without that inner battle raging between the Domestic Goddess and the Struggling Writer. Let's see how long I manage to keep this schedule going.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

I'm finding this one hour a day thing really works well. You are already a goddess my dear.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Constance Brewer said...

I won't even give up an hour a day to clean. Maybe on the weekend... I've learned to ignore the filth and leave happily with corgi hair and chewed up chew toys...

10:54 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

How I wish I could completely ignore it.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home