Saturday, February 02, 2008

Multi-tasking

I dusted off my novel in progress to begin the writing marathon that had been planned for the month of February by a few fellow writer's. Knowing they are expecting to hear of my progress each day will hopefully motivate me to actually follow through with this project. I reread the 43 pages of the new draft I started in November and then added 4 more pages to it. All while preparing a turkey dinner and whittling away at a monsterous stack of laundry. No I was not trying to test myself to see if I could potentially write on Thanksgiving day. It just so happened the turkey I had thawing in my refridgerator picked the first day of my scheduled writing marathon to say, 'ok, I'm ready, roast me now'. Normally I would have postponed my writing to take care of these Domestic Goddess duties, but instead, I opted to forego the pumpkin pie baking and pound out those 4 pages instead. This compromise was good for my writing as well as my waist-line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home