Monday, March 24, 2008

Ups and Downs

This month’s writing has been sparse to say the least. It could just be the time of year that has my emotions in turmoil, or maybe not. As much as I love winter and the hibernation that it brings for me, I am now ready for the warmer temperatures of spring. The back and forth between sunny warm breezes and cloudy cold snow mimic my own moods. Through it all I hang on to whatever brings the slightest smile to my face and keep moving forward no matter how small my steps may be.

I did manage to work on my novel last week and did a whopping 935 words, ha ha. Well, it’s better than no words at all. Or at least that is what I keep telling myself. This week begins second shift for my husband, so my afternoons and evening are my own to do what I wish for the next five days. Last month during this shift I managed to write a few of the days and worked on organizing myself. I wonder if I’ll ever get to the end of that task, likely not. But even though I slept in today, not in my plan, I am confident that I will accomplish more today than I have in recent days. I am focused and determined to get through the fog that surrounds me and find the sunshine in my life no matter how many clouds hover over my heart.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home