Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Yes, I am crazy...

After years of working on my novel, set in the 17th century, trying to work past obstacles that I set myself up for. I have a vision of what I want in my novel, but having it set in the 17th century caused a couple of problems as far as how life was and how I wanted my characters' lives to be. Then while doing research yesterday I discovered the one item that kept me in the 17th century was also present in the 14th century, in a different form, but one I could work with possibly. Moving my novel to the earlier century excited me because it would make the castle life I see my characters living more accurate. But naturally it poses some other roadblocks that would require some changes in other areas that play a role in the ending and the personality of a secondary, but important character.

Why oh why? Is this just another way for me to postpone actually finishing this book? Or am I finally on to a way to make it better?

I will spend some time weighing the pros and cons of the two centuries while I research them more deeply before I make a final decision.

I really need to put this one to bed and move on to my other projects that battle for attention in my over crowded imagination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home